Thread: losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 02:13 AM

Default losing my mind

Hi,
I am stressed out beyond anything I have experienced, even as I write this I am experiencing a crazy headache from all the thinking I do. I came here in hopes that someone could just give me some thoughts on what to do next.

Basically, I am 38 years old with a mortgage $280k, $47000 in a bank loan, and $4000 in credit card debt which I dont use. I am paying these off slowly but not as fast as I would like. Also and I will be owing on taxes this year which I will be under on as well.

This would be fine if I could budget my way out of this hell I have created for myself. The problem is that I absolutely hate my job, to the point it effects my health and has turned me into a very miserable depressed person. I have come to realize that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life and would like to change careers. The issue is that I would have to go back to school for a year or 2 and right now that doesnt seem at all possible.

So I struggle with sitting in this job that is hurts me in many ways health wise but pays more than I could else where (72K). I have thought of changing companies, but its the industry itself I have come to hate. High stress, very long hours etc.

I feel like i'm getting old and should make a change now but how with all this debt. I cant possibly go to school and incur more can I? All i think about is debt, and how I just want to fix this mess so bad so I can breathe and get ahead in this life.

What would someone with more smarts than me do in a situation like this?

sorry for the rant i'm just so lost. =(

Old Sponsors