Thread: losing my mind
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: losing my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoz View Post
Hi,
I am stressed out beyond anything I have experienced, even as I write this I am experiencing a crazy headache from all the thinking I do. I came here in hopes that someone could just give me some thoughts on what to do next.

Basically, I am 38 years old with a mortgage $280k, $47000 in a bank loan, and $4000 in credit card debt which I dont use. I am paying these off slowly but not as fast as I would like. Also and I will be owing on taxes this year which I will be under on as well.

This would be fine if I could budget my way out of this hell I have created for myself. The problem is that I absolutely hate my job, to the point it effects my health and has turned me into a very miserable depressed person. I have come to realize that this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life and would like to change careers. The issue is that I would have to go back to school for a year or 2 and right now that doesnt seem at all possible.

So I struggle with sitting in this job that is hurts me in many ways health wise but pays more than I could else where (72K). I have thought of changing companies, but its the industry itself I have come to hate. High stress, very long hours etc.

I feel like i'm getting old and should make a change now but how with all this debt. I cant possibly go to school and incur more can I? All i think about is debt, and how I just want to fix this mess so bad so I can breathe and get ahead in this life.

What would someone with more smarts than me do in a situation like this?

sorry for the rant i'm just so lost. =(
Hi Varoz,

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I used to be in debt as well.. and getting out of it took a lot of time. As of right now, I am debt-free other than the house (which has 219k left from the original 270k).

I know what it feels like to be in a job you don't like... and feeling the burden of all the debt on your shoulders and seemingly no way out.

Do you have a family to take care of as well? A spouse and/or children?

The reason I ask is that (proportionally speaking) an income of 72k a year is a lot of money (compared to average) and your debt-load is right around the average. So I'm sure I don't have the full picture.

With a little more information, I can give you a step-by-step plan on how to get out of all this debt.

Specifically, I need to know the balance, interest rate, and monthly payment of your mortgage, the 47k loan, and the 4k credit card. If you have other debts or smaller debts I'd need to know that as well. If you owe money to other people with no interest rate... we'll figure that in too.

If you don't wish to post your personal business in this forum... you can send me a private message here.

I'll be glad to worth with you in a back and forth conversation here.

Warmly,
David Bibby