Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Credit Ratings

Credit Ratings Issues of credit ratings and credit scoring here.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM

Angry Duplicate negative accounts...zombie mortgage

Hello. I had a bankruptcy back at the end of 2008 in which a home was included in that bankruptcy. The lender shows up on my credit report as accurate. Four years later, I pulled my annual credit report, and a new mortgage company shows up with this same mortgage showing it has been paid for several months. After talking with the mortgage company, they claim over and over again someone is making this payment. I faxed them paperwork showing them the home loan was included in the discharged Chapter 7 bankruptcy and we have not made a payment on the loan in almost 5 years. They bought the loan from Citi Mortgage evidently, and the information was incorrectly sent to Citi. Now this new mortgage company shows up as a closed account on my credit with the last reporting date in 2012. How long will this new "zombie" negative loan show up on my credit report? I have been trying to get it removed for months and the lender claims that since payment were made on it, they cannot delete it from my record. I cannot prove to them I didn't make the payments, even though I have sent them complete bank statements from all the months they believe they received a payment.

Old Sponsors
Old 06-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Duplicate negative accounts...zombie mortgage

Just write the mortgage company and challenge them to prove that you owe the funds. They have 30 days to prove or that are required by law to remove it from your credit report.