Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Investments

Investments Discussions and questions about stock market investments, tax free savings, and high interest savings accounts.

Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM

Question What type of broker is best for us?

I am really overwhelmed and I can't seem to work out what to do. Mom inherited and I am trying to help her find a good advisor. The money is currently mostly in funds with some in stocks. She says she doesn't want to do any wheeling and dealing just get it set up and forget it more or less. If you are going to be a conservative invester with the goal of protecting the assets and generating some income is it really necessary to have a fee based broker? I imagine them setting up the accounts and then it gathering dust much of the time. Money makes her nervous and I can't imagine her taking any risks.
Conversely I inherited some too and would like to see it grow. Please help. I've been trying to decide what to do for a Month! Thank you to any and all!

Old Sponsors
Old 02-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Default Re: What type of broker is best for us?

Dear Grace,

I think I may be able to help you. My name is Richard Clark and I am an investment mortgage broker who does not charge broker fee's.

Although I can not tell you how to invest your money. If you are looking to invest in property in the future and require a mortgage, I would be happy to give you a free consultation.

Investing in properties, such as residential buy to let property has been on the increase in recent years and generally provides a decent return on your investment. That being said, you should of course be wary as failure to keep up payments can result in your property being repossessed.

If you wish to contact me, my contact number is 07751 51 31 92.

Kind regards

Old 11-20-2014, 07:12 AM

I will suggest you to opt for professional service by individual or any reputed firm or bank as they have expert team to manage all your investments, assets and other financial related things. They can give you best suggestions to grow your investments. I am using asset management service by ADCB for all my investment and financial need in the UAE as they provide best service with their expert and experience team. You can also find the professional services as per your need.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:03 PM

Thanks for sharing this information about your forum site. really that was amazing.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey831 View Post
I am really overwhelmed and I can't seem to work out what to do. Mom inherited and I am trying to help her find a good advisor. The money is currently mostly in funds with some in stocks. She says she doesn't want to do any wheeling and dealing just get it set up and forget it more or less. If you are going to be a conservative invester with the goal of protecting the assets and generating some income is it really necessary to have a fee based broker? I imagine them setting up the accounts and then it gathering dust much of the time. Money makes her nervous and I can't imagine her taking any risks.
Conversely I inherited some too and would like to see it grow. Please help. I've been trying to decide what to do for a Month! Thank you to any and all!
Maybe look at something like the Vanguard ETFs - these are designed specifically for this type of long-term horizon investment approach, and have fee schedules to match.

Also, as a general tip, remember to keep the investments you make well diversified across different asset classes. A mix of domestic and international stocks, bonds, energy, and precious metals can be a good place to start - the book 'The Ivy Portfolio' has so good ideas on this.

Hope that helps!

Old 09-24-2015, 01:22 AM

There is the need for you to find and have a talk to some investment or financial stuffs experts. They are the one who can help you out with your concerns and questions. Remember that investments is not that an easy thing to do. Investments is about money and you have to be careful enough to decide where your money should go for your benefits concerns.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:28 PM

I think sometimes the market pros make it more complex that what it needs to be. The more they advice, the more they may be able to line their own pocket and sell the most expensive products they have.
Open an account at a discount brokerage firm and load up on ETFs that fit your investment objectives and risk tolerance level.
For safety, may be ETFs on government bonds and blue chip corporate bonds would help.
For a little more risk, may be an S&P 500 ETF will foot the bill.
Hope someone is not selling your exotic life insurance, variable annuities, or expensive actively managed mutual funds.

- Michael

Old 10-19-2016, 05:10 AM

I am currently trading with OctaFX broker; it’s one of the finest brokerage houses in the whole Forex industry. The biggest benefit with them is safety with them been regulated plus a worldwide recognized company winning over 16 awards in just 4//5 years, it’s a pleasure to be joined under them and helps in every way while we can start with as low as 5 dollars on their prestigious ECN account, it’s absolutely picture perfect and make trading ever so much easy.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:12 AM

Which type of broker are you looking for.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:39 PM

Yeah, what kind of broker and under which financial markets you are looking for? If in forex market, then check out FreshForex which is true ECN broker. They offer services in Spot forex, CFDís and Binary Options. Near zero spreads and no-requotes are hallmark! They also offer bonus on deposits of 101% which is tradable unlike others. There is also a 36% interest on deposits! Also, itís impossible to forget their 1000 USD No Deposit Bonus on Telegram App!

Old 11-02-2016, 12:40 AM

Always choose a reliable,reputable and regulated broker that offers educational tools and resources for beginning traders.

Safest forex trading brokers

Old Sponsors
Old 11-03-2016, 06:14 PM

Itís only us who have created types because for me itís just good or bad. If we are with good broker than we will be happy enough with things, but wrong broker guarantees all the world in the world for us. I am working with Alpari and they are one of the best to be with. We can operate with any type of account we like available from here http://alpari.com/en/investor/, itís a real pleasure for me to do trading with them and I can be certainly independent.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:31 PM

I personally love trading with OctaFX broker and for me it’s the best type in every way. They are regulated plus a worldwide recognized company servicing in over 170 countries and in just 4/5 years, it has achieved 16 awards including been the Best International Broker, Best ECN Broker, Best Broker of Asia/Europe plus much more, it’s stunning to see their track record while as a trader, I feel proud to be connected with company of this caliber, it just makes trading walk in the park!

Old 11-10-2016, 11:25 AM

You can choose also a reliable and authenticate brokers. And also check background before choose a broker. I personally prefer you Trade King or Scot Trade.

Old 02-19-2019, 12:28 PM

A good broker is a good broker no matter what type of trader you are. So, we just need to make sure that we work with good broker, which will be enough. I trade with FreshForex, who is one of the leading companies out there with every feature there is including low spreads, bonuses and all trades are execution without any re quotes or slippages at all. It makes me feel absolutely great working with them.