Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Real Estate

Real Estate Discussions about investing, selling, and buying real estate.

View Poll Results: How much have you spent on your realtor website?
Free 0 0%
$1- $500 1 50.00%
$501 - $1000 0 0%
$1001 - $3000 0 0%
$3001 - $5000 0 0%
$5001 - $10,000 0 0%
$10,001 - $15,000 0 0%
$15,001 - $20,000 1 50.00%
$20,001 - $30,000 0 0%
$30,001 - $100,000 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Default How much would you/have you paid for your websites?

I'm curious to know how much an average agent spends on their website and how much the average broker pays for their website. Obviously there are a million variables. Many of us have created our own sites which cost us nothing up front but if you look at all the time we put into them it could easily exceed $50,000

I'm also curious as to how much more top ranking web agents and web brokers spend on their sites.
For the sake of argument lets call a top ranking agent someone who makes $100K+ with most of their deals originating on the net.

Are there many top web agents who don't create their own site or at least add alot of their own content to a template?
(Is it possible to pay for a complete package site that gets well ranked without any additional effort from the Realtor?)

Is there a direct correlation between what you spend and where you rank?

What's the most you've ever heard of someone (broker or agent) paying for a site?

I built my first two sites myself and then paid for another one when I realized I had no idea how to query idx data or write php code.
Site 1 Free
Site 2 Free
Site 3 around $12,000 give or take a thousand.

All of the sites including the expensive one needed extensive marketing and content added by me to make them rank well. I don't think it's possible to have a well ranked site without a good deal of work no matter how much you pay. Can someone prove me wrong? Even the best template site without unique content and marketing won't rank well will it?

Old Sponsors
Old 11-23-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Re: How much would you/have you paid for your websites?

The of a sales website is to be able to not simply sell, but convert visitors well.

That means being able to project a sense of trust, and then be able to offer exactly whatever the person is looking for whenever on the site (Sth Godin's "Big Red Fez".

Certainly the marketing expense is the big expense - how costly it is to set up the website itself really depends on the skill set the owner has, in terms of how much they can do themselves.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM

When I visit a website that resembles any of the typical templates, I go somewhere else.

If a site is professionally done, looks unique/different, and has credible sources, I'm more apt to spend time there (and therefore, spend money there).

Lastly, I don't trust anything that says the words FREE, and I don't sign up for any newsletters or other free information. If the product isn't good enough to require money to purchase on its own merits, then why should I take the chance with it?

I'm not happy with the quality of my site and am working with a professional web designer to build exactly what we want. We have a lot of compliance to deal with so it requires a lot of time and patience. Our estimated overall cost will be close to $20k, with about $1-2k per year in maintenance fees, etc.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 PM

you could get a quality websit for around 800 bucks. I have a guy. You could pm me. He does the seo to.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:27 AM

Very often amateur businessmen ask me how to create a personal advertising site quickly and with minimal expenses. Well, you can do it on your own if you find some free html templates like these ones feedmethemes.com. In that case all you need to do is to watch a couple of educative videos on Youtube and spend three or four hours of your precious time - and your site is ready!