Go Back   The Finance Forums > Finance forums > Fraud & Scams

Fraud & Scams Discussion about how to detect and avoid fraud, investment schemes, internet scams, consumer ripoffs, con jobs, forex scams and identity theft.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 PM

Default My SS# got stolen today.

I'm not going to details but my social security number got stolen today through a job application i was supposed to turn in. This is the most stressful thing that has happened to me!

The only time I've ever used my ss are for job applications. I have never used my SS# for anything, No bank accounts, No credit cards, No purchases, NOTHING at all. And I'm completely new to social security, never new about my SS# until my 18th birthday, 8 months ago.

I read a bit online about placing a Fraud Alert to freeze my credit, (Hell, i don't even know how much my credit is!) freeze the social security number, and get a credit report.

How do i deal with any of this?

Old Sponsors
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
The Finance Forums

Default Re: My SS# got stolen today.

Have you tried contacting your social security office ?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:51 AM

You should have went to the SS office right away and reported it so it won't be used in any means possible. After then they may block it and probably give you a new one (if possible)

Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 AM

As soon as you find out of your Social Security number being tampered with, whether that be missing or stolen, it is advised to go directly to Social Security Officials to further investigate. They will then go through a process, which may result in freezing your credit and identity, and then issuing a new one.

Do not hesitate, if you have not yet resolved this issue go to your nearest Social Security office and speak to a representative.

Good luck!

- Ricksar